Arcadia Shop

The beautiful array of books, posters, teacups, all set amongst brilliant floral displays


Vintage at ts finest

Rather by accident on a little explore around Oxford I stumbled across this delightful little shop just opposite the Oxford Union called Arcadia. As soon as I stepped foot I fell in love.

It's an independent boutique selling everything from old Penguin books, to calendars, old film shots, to soap, and wrapping paper. The aesthetic is so beautiful and pretty. Vintage but with a twist. When i initially walked in I was struck by the smallness, the cosiness of the sop and it was a veritable feats for the eyes.

Sparkling lamps and crystals
bestrewn with fairies
I was immediately drawn to the battered Penguin books; trashy stories of detectives and romances. And then behind me was he most gorgeous collection of calendars and notebook- I picked up a Japanese woodblock calendar and a notebook, I just couldn't help myself!

And then following the corner round there are amazing teacups and saucers as well as delicious handmade soap in a variety of colours and aromas. Finally I came to the birthday cards and wrapping paper which were so loving crafted. I was mesmerised. I was transported from the bustle of the Oxford high street to a place of serenity.

Suffice to say I've been back many a time and it's become my first port of call for birthday and Christmas presents as well as the odd treat for myself as well.

Arcadia is certainly a little gem tucked away and I can't recommend more strongly that you go and have a peek, I promise you'll be in love before you've crossed the threshold!


Hand made soap to die for!

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and the views reflected are completely my own and do not resemble any third party views.



Comments

Popular Posts