Greener Eating This New Year


Lovely people at Follow Your Heart giving out free vegan sandwiches in Radcliffe Square

So it's Veganuary!

What does that mean I hear you cry. Well its essentially a month focused on greener, vegan eating which has both health benefits and is eco friendly.

Today I picked up the most delicious sandwich from the lovely people at Follow Your Heart who were giving out free samples outside the Radcliffe Camera. There was a traditional Ploughman's or the New Yorker- I opted for the New Yorker with delicious smoked Gouda cheese and dairy free mayo all on brown bread. It was perfectly filling and deliciously creamy and I could not more highly recommend! Not only that but it was packaged in compostable plastic! This taste test prompted me to fully consider Veganuary and what I can do to adopt a greener, healthier set of eating habits.


My delightful vegan, dairy free sandwich
There's certainly no pressure to go full out vegan if you've never tried it before, or indeed if you've never attempted vegetarianism before but it is an opportunity to review your eating habits and the effect they have on the planet.




This January I'm not planning on going vegan but I am planning on cutting back on the amount of meat I eat- opting for the vegetarian meals in college more often and considering the products I buy and the packaging it comes in. I think Veganuary is the perfect time for some self-reflection and there's no pressure to carry it on. Although they do say that if you can stick to something for a month it more easily becomes a habit.

This isn't me attempting to push veganism on anyone but just a suggestion that going green doesn't mean bring or limited food options. There's a wealth of plant based alternatives and amazing recipes you just have to explore.

Happy Veganuary!

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and all views here are completely my own and do not represent the views of any third parties. However this was part of a That Oxford Girl giveaway but all views and photos are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts